- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Waipiata - Enviro-Gold award, 5 star secluded coastal luxury lodge
- Hedingham Country Estate - An entirely ecologically-designed house, aimed at being energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly
- Aio Wira Centre - Seminar retreat centre founded by a group of yoga students, 35 mins from dwontown Auckland
- Sheep World Warkworth
- Te Harinui Countrystay
- Waiwera Thermal Spa Resort
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- United Vehicle Rentals -
- Kea Campers NZ - Hire a KEA Camper and discover New Zealand!
- Apollo Motorhomes Holidays - Campervan hire
- Escape, Campervan hire -
- Britz Campervan and Car Hire -
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Stray Travel
- Intercity Coachlines
- Kiwi Experience
Sustainable Living Centre -Native and Organic Garden Development
Provider: Sustainable Living Centre
The Sustainable Living Centre would love volunteers to help with our landscaping and garden. The Centre is based in Waitakere City, and is a project of Ecomatters Environment Trust (www.ecomatters.org.nz). We are open to the public 10am-4pm Mon-Fri. We are a charitable trust and have funding to a point, but need additional help from the community to get the work done. We are in the process developing the grounds (approx an acre) as a demonstration space for the public. Outdoors we aim to demonstrate sustainable solutions to landscaping and gardening. This includes a native revegetation area, edible organic garden, food forest and composting zone. Most of our plantings are now 2yrs old. We would love help with weeding and mulching and keeping the vege beds productive. Our propagation house has the potential to be really productive, providing plants for community plantings and vege seedlings for those wanting to start up their own edible backyard. We would love for someone to come with time on their hands and a bit of experience and or passion to help us get our propagation shed really cranking. Our compost and worm bins would love any extra attention a volunteer could give. Future projects include the development of terraced gardens incorporating recycled concrete for drystone retaining walls. We will be building an extra two large raised vege beds for the those in the community who have no access to space for growing their own veges. We would love our large compost bins to be used for this purpose too. We are getting busier with an increased demand on delivering advice on sustainability and finding it harder to get away from the office, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Accomodation provided: No.
Transport provided: No.
What to bring: Tools provided, bring gloves and a hat Kitchen facilities, tea and coffee provided