- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Marama Organic Farm - Escape on our 3000 acre organic farm. Private, peaceful, relaxing.
- Catlins Mohua Park Eco-cottages - Four independent energy-efficient luxury cottages in scenic Catlins River Valley
- Lake Waituna B&B
- Possum Lodge Motel & Holiday Park
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- Kiwi Experience
- Intercity Coachlines
- Stray Travel
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Catlins Horse Riding - A personalised horse riding service where you are able to experience horse riding over a variety of riding terrain with farm, forest & beach riding available.
- Eco Tours New Zealand
- Kiwi Eco Tours
- Dolphin Watch Eco tours
- Drift Wood Eco tours
- Catlins Wildlife Trackers
- Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track
- Kiwi Wilderness Walks
Southland Community Nursery
Provider: Southland Community Nursery
A voluntary project where communities, groups and individuals come and use the nursery facilities on our property to produce native plants for restoration projects. Work includes: Seed collection, preparation and sowing - February, March, April. Propagating from cuttings - May, June. Potting up native plant seedlings - November-April Nursery maintenance - weeding, fertilising, moving plants, watering etc - October - June. Help also required on our 17 acre rural property - restoration plantings, pond creation, kahikatea forest remnant, fruit orchard, vegetable gardens.
Accomodation provided: Yes. Self contained flat within our house and food will be provided (help with cooking always appreciated!).
Transport provided: Yes.
What to bring: Good outdoor clothing and boots if you have them - though these things can be provided if you haven't.
Enthusiasm for the natural environment, ability to work in all weathers (within reason!), Plant experience an advantage but not essential.