- YHA - Youth Hostel Association
- Mount Tutu Eco-Sanctuary - Journey to the Protected Queen Elizabeth II National Trust paradise of Mount Tutu Eco-Sanctuary, a Podocarp Native Rainforest with trees over 500 years old.
- Pounamu Lodge - Nestled in pristine native forest with panoramic views over the lake to sacred Mount Tarawera.
- Lyons Lakestay - Affordable,"boutique style" backpacker,casual accommodation,B&B or Holiday unit.
- Pottsbury Organic Farm - A twelve acre organic orchard with two private and secluded Holiday Homes nestled among the trees and bird song
- Prana Eco Retreat - A unique Eco Retreat Venue, a place to rejuvenate body and soul, to swim, surf, walk and meditate.
- Whirinaki Forest B&B
- Lake Okareka BnB
- Jayride - Find or share a ride with Jayride, NZ's FREE rideshare community
- Kiwi Experience
- Intercity Coachlines
- Stray Travel
- Newmans Coach Lines
- Thrifty Car Rental
Okareka Mistletoe Restoration Project
Provider: Department of Conservation
Region: Bay of Plenty
"Come and join Rotorua Botanical Society and the Department of Conservation to control weeds threatening mistletoe sites. Activities will involve mainly handpulling, cutting, slashing, sawing of vines, climbers and small trees" grade: medium-hard - activities suitable for all ages and abilities will be provided.
Accomodation provided: No.
Transport provided: No.
What to bring: Equipment to bring will be advised on application.
SAT 17 April – planting day/ Weed control
SAT 18 september – Weed control/PLANT/ RELEASING dAY
SAT 20 NOVEMBER – Weed control/PLANT/ RELEASING dAY